The Avenue Road Hockey Association has a number of work and volunteer opportunities available for our next season – October 2022 to April 2023.
- On-Ice Officials (Referees)
- Off-Ice Officials (time keeping / game statistics / equipment management)
- Skills Instructors (to work with younger players)
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience, or as a non-profit organization, we can provide documentation for mandatory volunteer hours or work study placements.
- ARHA provides some training, however, those applying for on-ice officiating (referee) roles will need to be certified through the Hockey Canada Accreditation for Refereeing program by the time the season starts (information will be provided to short-listed applicants). Prior certification is an asset.
- On-ice positions (referees and skills instructors) need to have good skating skills. Prior experience working with younger children is an asset (for example, as a camp counselor).
- Applicants may also be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening (aka “police background check”), depending on the position.
- Prior detailed knowledge of hockey (for all positions) would be an obvious asset.
The vast majority of the opportunities will be at Baycrest Arena, a City of Toronto facility near Highway 401 and Bathurst, and directly accessible by TTC Bus Route 109 Ranee. Free parking is available at the arena as well.
Shift opportunities include Sunday afternoons and evenings, and weekday evenings (Mondays through Thursdays).
To apply, please send a brief resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To read more about our league, please visit our website: https://avenueroadhockey.com